Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
aLaiSm
bOnaTs
cAsPeR
cHiN
dAvE
eVa
iVy
jAsHep
jEuNesse
KennY
maYbeLine
miSsY
m!ke
PiNkIsTa
StYx
wAyne
WendY
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Thursday, February 10, 2005
the banger sister

let me act like a teenager while i am still one.

let's talk about, of all mundane things, my hair. let me first give you a little background info. i just got myself a new pair of rubber slippers - or a more chic term, flip flops - because of the trivial reason that i didn't have one. guess which color? i need not elaborate. at first i decided not to buy one to save money, and instead just use my 'pang-alis' sandals even when taking a bath. but i realized i'm reducing the life expectancy of my 'pang-alis' sandals when i use them for bathing, so i really have to buy a pair of rubber ones. this lead me to realize some other basic things i do not have, such as a comb, which brings us to the topic about my hair.

i wish i had taken a photo of myself with my new bangs - or a more chic term, fringes - so i could post it in here for just anyone to see. i don't remember the last time before this when i had bangs. all i remember is that my father used to be my hairdresser. he was the one responsible of me having an odd hairdo, one with bangs that are only halfway the length of my forehead. i looked funny, but of course cute nonetheless. haha. as i grew up, i decided that having bangs are becoming so-yesterday and uncool, so i stopped sporting them.

but until just recently, bangs are becoming pretty chic again. i went to have a haircut just before my 19th birthday and instructed the hairdresser to just trim my hair a bit and retain more or less the length of my hair. i also had highlights (yes ferron i had highlights), but they didn't live up to their name. ** bucks wasted. actually the lady was quite apologetic because she was so enthusiastic about how my hair would look 'different' with the highlights, but to our dismay the highlights just won't show. she asked me whether i had colored my hair just recently, and i said yes, just before going back to singapore i also had my hair made to reflect a reddish hue. but guess what? didn't work too. i wouldn't have gone to get some highlights if my hair had apparent color already. why, hair, why?

anyway, back to the bangs. the whole time the lady was trimming my hair, i was praying the result wouldn't be catastrophic. i would feel guilty seeing strands of my hair falling unto the salon floor, already detached from my body. they won't be a part of me anymore, and that's a bit sad. the lady kept on cutting and trimming, and then went on to reach for the part of my hair that frames my face. with a sickening whoosh of her scissors, she gave me bangs.

i was quite relieved upon seeing my reflection. hmm..not bad. not bad at all. haha. in fact, i liked it. what's cool is that my bangs are not of the same length, and they do not run across my forehead. i just sweep them on both sides of my head because for one, they are especially designed that way.

that's also the last time a comb ever touched my hair. what's so ironic is that before, i almost believed i wouldn't be able to survive without a comb. back in highschool i would always, without fail, have a comb in my pocket. i would always, without fail, comb my hair every after class. even during class when the teacher is not looking.

well, some things in life are not indispensable after all.

time to move on.


0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home