Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
aLaiSm
bOnaTs
cAsPeR
cHiN
dAvE
eVa
iVy
jAsHep
jEuNesse
KennY
maYbeLine
miSsY
m!ke
PiNkIsTa
StYx
wAyne
WendY
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Thursday, March 17, 2005
MY CUP OVERFLOWS

i just have to blog this.

my math midterm results.

i got 18.

the test was MCQ (multiple choice questions).

2 points each.

and the maximum mark anyone could get?

T-W-E-N-T-Y.

hahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahaha! wooooooooo hooooooooo!

PRAISE THE LORD....i mean, there is more to this. really...i won't be extremely happy if it weren't for the COMPLETE story.

see, i so badly wanted to blog right after taking my math midterms. i wanted to blog about how blatantly almost everyone in the lecture theatre was cheating. they won't even try to conceal their misdemeanor. the invigilators too were so lenient, like as if they were even encouraging the students to go and compare answers with one another because it's just a midterm test anyway (and not the finals yet). it was disheartening because the students were doing it in full view of the invigilators and yet they did not take any action. actually someone made a complaint in the forum about this, which spawned a not-so-lengthy thread for such a controversial topic. well, this is one of those instances when even if you speak up, the bad would still go unpunished. just read wayne's blog about whistle blowers.

anyway, during the midterm test, i didn't care about the rest of the world as i was minding my own paper. then when our lecturer said time's up, i just sat there and waited for my name to be called. this was when the more blatant cheating took place. there were over three hundred (or five hundred?) of us in the LT, and the lecturer was calling our names in batches based on our tutorial group, so of course there really was plenty of time for students to compare and change their answers. as the world around me resorted to cheating, i just froze there, staring blankly at my own paper but with a hundred thoughts running through my head. actually someone offered to 'help' me, but i firmly declined. i do not care if all of them get full marks and i get zero, as long as i know what i'm doing is the right thing. i was also singing praises to God, and i was refreshing my memory of the timely sermon of Pastor Butch the Sunday before my test. He told us not to fret if the evildoers prosper, for in the end we will all be judged. i was also thanking God for giving me the strength to resist temptation and allowing me to pass my test of character with flying colors.

and really, i cannot understand how some people cheat and still come out in the open and take pride in what they do. maybe they have a misguided notion that such a detestable act is in fact an act of being 'cool'? oh please.

the test was actually 'doable', in stark contrast to my physics midterm test wherein i only got 3/15. but i was still not confident enough just because of the fact that it's a MATH test. math and physics and i'm out. and the cheating thing for math...i just accepted right then and there my fate...i mean, it's very likely that everyone will get full marks except for lame people like me who would especially hold on to principles rather than to accept 'help' from other people. so i just repeatedly told myself 'It's better to have an honest zero than a cheated 100.'

but God is in control of everything. He just showed me His power and His grace tonight, when i read the email bearing my score in my math midterm test. i would like to believe that God sent an angel to answer my midterm test. i mean...really. i still can't believe i got 18/20! this is history! whoa! wooo hooo! and i still don't care if everyone else got full marks. 18 is way better than i had expected, and i got it the CLEAN way. i am so happy. =)

all glory and praise to God=)

now i am inspired to study even harder.=)


0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home