Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
aLaiSm
bOnaTs
cAsPeR
cHiN
dAvE
eVa
iVy
jAsHep
jEuNesse
KennY
maYbeLine
miSsY
m!ke
PiNkIsTa
StYx
wAyne
WendY
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sunday, August 07, 2005
silver

today the wyldfire youth went to celebrate with tito edwin and tita cora their silver wedding anniversary. i've been to a silver wedding anniversary once before this, but i was still 7 years old back then. aunty sally and uncle walter renewed their vows, but that didn't matter much to me. no, that didn't mean anything to me at all, except for a free trip to a province i haven't been to before. but this time, i'm already 19, and i found the ceremony truly inspiring. shamoy was even teasing me that i'm already about to cry. the truth is, it's the first time that i felt myself close to tears induced by a couple voicing their vows in public. i've always wondered why people would cry in a wedding in the movies, and now i understand.

during the ceremony, i envisioned myself being like them in the future. 25 years is a long time. imagine having someone around that long, waking up beside that person each and every day, but still not growing tired of each other. it's really wonderful too, the way they raised their children - my friends. all of them are actively serving the Lord and fully utilizing the talents God bestowed upon them. God was, still is, and will always be the center of their family. i really liked it when tita cory proclaimed what Joshua also said in the old testament: "but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord".

i also remembered the time when their whole family went to be baptized together. they were all holding hands, and it was really a sight to behold.

when i establish a family of my own many years from now, i want to follow tito edwin and tita cora's footsteps. of course i view my own parents with the highest regards, but must incorporate good values learned from other people too right...hehe=p so there.

goodnight world. goodnight to my future husband too, whoever, wherever you are.


0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home