Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
aLaiSm
bOnaTs
cAsPeR
cHiN
dAvE
eVa
iVy
jAsHep
jEuNesse
KennY
maYbeLine
miSsY
m!ke
PiNkIsTa
StYx
wAyne
WendY
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sunday, March 19, 2006
RicoMania (partie une)

Brace yourselves for....a very shallow post.

Everything was going great today until I logged on to Friendster and saw Jeunesse's picture with Rico Blanco. Michael posted new photos too - photos of NUS people with Rico Blanco with them. Suddenly I felt a stab of envy! Sure I took a lot, a lot of Rico Blanco's photos, but I wasn't in any one of them. walaunesswhydidn'titakethechance???

For their first show, I squeezed my way until I reached the front left side so I could see my dear Rico up close. Then after the show, they went 'backstage', and I followed till the railings that didn't allow any unauthorized person to proceed further. There I was like 'Rico! I love you! Ang gwapo mo!'...my goodness I was so pathetic, but I knew they could hear me. Good thing Karen was there with me to plead with the guards and initiated the talk with the band's manager so we could have our coveted autographs. But they (the Mosaic Festival people) were quite strict and told us to wait till the end of the second show. But I got to squeeze his hand!

I was supposed to go home already as I have a test the next day (which is today), but I stayed anyway. Jeunesse, Karen, Julian and I ate at Thai Express, then after that we camped at the Nokia Powerhouse something to ensure our front row places during the concert. Rivermaya blew me away in those 60 minutes they performed. Of course what, we were at the very front, as in holding on to the railings, and that's the best place one could ever be in concerts like that. Finally finally I got to sing my favorite song 'You'll Be Safe Here' with Rico Blanco singing live. I was even holding a placard saying 'Rico I love you!' while Karen and Jeunesse were holding their own placards too.

Aiyoh, words aren't sufficient to describe how hyper I felt that night...especially when I got to touch his hand again! I kept on clicking away photos of Rico but now I feel I missed out a lot because I do not have a photo of him and me TOGETHER!!!

To be continued...

Note to self after reviewing this post: GROW UP GIRL.

And oh, thank you Lord for helping me with my test, which I'm pretty positive will turn out okay. I'm not condoning going to parties/concerts on the eve of a test, it's just that I exerted more effort to study the material beforehand so I could afford to go that night. yeayness!


0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home