Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
aLaiSm
bOnaTs
cAsPeR
cHiN
dAvE
eVa
iVy
jAsHep
jEuNesse
KennY
maYbeLine
miSsY
m!ke
PiNkIsTa
StYx
wAyne
WendY
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Tuesday, April 12, 2005
11 days.

if there's anything worth boasting, it's God.

i am writing because i am in distress. come 11 more days and it will be my first exam already, PC1432 (Physics IIE). i just learned that chem engin people do not have to take this module. and as hailin, my group D classmate and neighbor in hall, had put it, 'they're having a great time not taking physics II. but me, i have to study physics until i puke blood.' yes, this physics module is not an easy module, but i find it interesting. i find the latter part of this module, quantum physics, interesting. since i find it interesting, i am currently working my ass off to have a more than decent grade this time around. i would also count my unsatisfactory midterm grade as a motivation to work harder.

i am currently way behind my schedule. see, i had mapped everything i have to study on my NUSSU diary since the 5th of april all the way to the 3rd of may. so for this certain day i have to study these certain subjects. but i realized that i can only do so much for one day. i even told myself to stretch my limit until may 3, and it will all be over. but really, i cannot do everything i had planned to do all by myself. therefore i dropped down on my knees and prayed in the hope of keeping myself in good standing.

i also realized that i do not have to fret if i am having such a great difficulty with the modules i am taking this semester. and the obvious reason is that they are not meant to be easy in the first place. this sem i am taking the core modules of common engineering: physics IIE, mathematics II, statics and mechanics of materials, and this compulsary module, critical thinking and writing. ok, so these are the majors, whereby students from mechanical, electrical, civil (and etc) engin are also taking. based on my own understanding, a normal engineering workload would also include, on average, 2 of the following modules: breadth, GEM, or Singapore studies. So i am currently taking Singapore studies. i could have opted for an easier (less technical) breadth or GEM, but i took chemical engineering principles instead because i have to. therefore, i am also taking a core subject of another engineering course not dubbed as common engineering. with this combination of mostly technical subjects, you could not expect this road to be short of bumps and boulders along the way.

but anyway, i am still in one piece. i take the blame of my disastrous grade last sem, and God had been gracious enough to answer my prayer of not having an F grade. that was all i asked for, and that was what i was given. but i later found out that is not enough. that's why i have a different prayer this sem, and that is to have a grade that would not invoke the issuance of another letter bearing terrible news from the university admin addressed to me.

but my God here is still the same God wherever i may be. i just lift up to Him all my everyday burdens, and rest in the knowledge that my God is faithful in all His promises. I know he has plans to prosper me and not to harm me. currently i am doing my best and giving my best shot preparing for the finals, and if my heart's desire matches God's will, then great. but if not, it's ok. i know God is in control. whatever happens, i hope my life would be a living testimony of God's goodness and mercy.


0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home