Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
aLaiSm
bOnaTs
cAsPeR
cHiN
dAvE
eVa
iVy
jAsHep
jEuNesse
KennY
maYbeLine
miSsY
m!ke
PiNkIsTa
StYx
wAyne
WendY
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Friday, June 10, 2005
enginbutterfly it is!

ivy wondered where my blog had been. well, i changed my blog's url to summerbum101.blogspot.com, and now i'm changing it back to enginbutterfly. for a while i just wanted to shoo people away because i didn't want people reading what i have to write. turns out i didn't have any blog entries for the short moment my blog was unreachable.

the truth is, i was really bummed when i first found out i've been streamed to cvil engin. yeah, yeah..i know..the reputed dumpster for engineer wannabes with not-so-decent grades. i remember pinoy seniors downgrading the said course, which sent me typing a barrage of emails to people in authority for my appeal to be switched to another engineering department (industrial and systems engineering), or to totally transfer to faculty of science to take up applied chemistry. the person in charge of the appeals seems very friendly even in emails.

but i have to prepare myself too if i'd still be stuck in civil engin in the end.
the perks:
1.)instant friends! most of the members of the clique i belong to are in civil engin, their first choice. for siaw ling, rotana, and sundeep, it's their passion to become civil engineers. i'm happy for them because they are in a course they like and they're good at.

2.)i talked to my mother (and am sure glad i did) to air out my dismay of being streamed to civil engin. i remember her telling me before that civil engineers are saturated in the country, and just about anywhere else, so the job market is not really good. i told her i found out that i could specialize in environmental engineering, among many other branches of civil engin, upon which she exclaimed 'AY DA BEST YAN!'. she told me that in our city, there is only one person licensed to sign papers regarding the environmental aspects of urban planning projects: Michael Ang. *ding!* that's when i realized how i can contribute to my city in the future. i didn't really have any plans of going back to the philippines to work because the grass is always greener in singapore or in the states or anywhere except in my country. but I AM SO HAPPY that i've finally come to consider really going back and give something back to the country that nursed me and i call home, and for that moment the $$bucks$$ didn't really matter.

still, i've already sent my appeal to be streamed to industrial and systems engineering. now if the engin people won't give in to my request, i now think being in civil engin isn't so bad after all. i am sorry that other people still think otherwise.

get this people, I WILL HAVE TO DIE FIRST BEFORE I STOP TRYING TO BECOME AN ENGINEER. i just won't quit, okay.. i already failed before, so i'm not afraid to fail anymore. not that i'm so keen on doing a repeat performance...no way. i know you've heard this before, but engineering in NUS is really tough, at least for me. but my God is great and I know I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.

P.S.

for the first time in my whole life, I DROVE A CAR THIS MORNING. yep yep i'm learning how to drive! and it's about time too! many thanks to lito.


0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home