Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
aLaiSm
bOnaTs
cAsPeR
cHiN
dAvE
eVa
iVy
jAsHep
jEuNesse
KennY
maYbeLine
miSsY
m!ke
PiNkIsTa
StYx
wAyne
WendY
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Tuesday, June 21, 2005
mama

i am proud of my mother. i bet she's the only government worker in the philippines who takes into heart the words FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY. see, my mother's department was given a brand new vehicle, and since she's the head, she gets to drive this baby:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

but hers is in red. it's a beauty, right? nevertheless, my mother won't use it for the family's trips to the mall, or going to our relatives' house, or for any joyride not related to office work. if after office hours she still has to go somewhere, she would go back at home, park the government vehicle in the garage, then take our old car. my father respects and admires my mother's being like that, and told me he won't be driving the Innova unless it's an emergency. i think it's just proper to do that, because the government pays for the vehicle's gasoline, and government spending should only be related to government work.

my mother is also in a position wherein if she's a greedy person with no conscience at all, then we would have been very rich by now. but she's not one of those corrupt creatures in the government. she upholds the virtue of integrity in her work, even at times when we have to tighten our belts. i think this is one of the greatest lessons my mother has ever taught me.

however, there was this instance when i tried to bury this lesson in order to save a few dollars. i tried to cheat my way in getting free laundry and drying. i knew it wasn't proper, and it wouldn't have made my mother proud if i told her (shhh). every time i do it, a tiny voice would tell me it's wrong, but i'd try not to listen until i got numb by the tiny voice's prodding. good thing my friend stressed that it isn't healthy, and since i'm getting nauseated by these guilt trips, i'm not going to do it again.


0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home