Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
aLaiSm
bOnaTs
cAsPeR
cHiN
dAvE
eVa
iVy
jAsHep
jEuNesse
KennY
maYbeLine
miSsY
m!ke
PiNkIsTa
StYx
wAyne
WendY
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Friday, September 02, 2005
absurd.

This is preposterous. This man is claiming to be the Son of God.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Last Sunday during the service, Pastor Butch warned us about a man from Davao claiming to be the Son of God. He warned us because the Son will be coming to Singapore and already booked the Singapore Indoor Stadium if I remember correctly. Pastor Butch didn't say his name, but I already had an idea of who this false prophet might be because I know of a very charismatic preacher who hails from Davao.

When I searched the net to confirm my inkling, I wasn't surprised to know that the person is in fact Pastor Apollo C. Quiboloy. It's scary you know. His is a familiar face because I get to watch him on tv before. However, I didn't really pay attention to what he was saying because I just dismissed him as another of those preachers who go on tv to preach just like those in 700 Club or Bro. Mike Velarde of El Shaddai. He was also featured in one of the late-night shows in ABS-CBN, and I remember my father commenting on how rich Quiboloy is right now because the show also featured his mansions and other assets.

Another scary thing is when you go to his website, which is quite impressive in my opinion. I mean, if you are a person who hungers for the Word of God but consults websites like this instead of the Bible, you'd be swayed to believe everything that he says because it seems that he really knows what he's talking about.

Before I was wondering whether this verse in the Bible is true or not:

"For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many." -Mark 13:6

I mean, okay, I do not question God's word, but it seems unlikely to happen while I'm still alive. People nowadays are cynics. Like for me, if someone claims to be the Son of God, of course I'm not so stupid to believe. But this man is saying that there'd always be resistance, just as what Jesus experienced 2000 years ago. It was also reported that this person has a growing number of followers already. I've also seen on tv before the multitude of people attending his services.

Scary. So people beware.


0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home