Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
aLaiSm
bOnaTs
cAsPeR
cHiN
dAvE
eVa
iVy
jAsHep
jEuNesse
KennY
maYbeLine
miSsY
m!ke
PiNkIsTa
StYx
wAyne
WendY
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Tuesday, December 06, 2005
Fly away butterfly

I have a confession to make. I am damn scared of butterflies. I discovered it just recently, while mugging one rainy night inside my room with my main window wide open. A medium-sized brown butterfly (not a moth, a butterfly - based on its wings), happily took refuge in the warmth of my brightly-lit room. I haplessly tried to shoo the poor creature away, but to my horror it even tried to act friendly and began darting towards me. I screamed a couple of times whenever it came within a half meter radius from me. It must have been a very funny sight, with me holding a broomstick and sparring with, of all creatures, a butterfly. Along with my efforts to keep the butterfly away from me and from my room was the thought about what old folks once told me - that butterflies, especially the brown ones, are not only butterflies but something else as well- visitors from the afterlife or whatever crap they might be.

But I felt terribly guilty when it got wounded. While trying to lead it out the door I turned on my ceiling fan, because I figured the moving air would act as resistance to ward the butterfly off the central part of my room. But the (may I call it stupid?) butterfly circled the fan, which whipped it off its course and damaged its wing. Anyway, I gave up shooing the butterfly away because I couldn't go near it. So, even though I didn't know anyone else in my floor (ok, so this is the part where I reveal I don't know even my neighbor's name), I went straight to the kitchen to see if there's anyone who could help me. I found this girl who's very fond of cooking, went up to her and asked:

"Are you scared of butterflies?"

Weird pick-up line, but I needed help pronto. She said no, then I explained my situation and she readily turned off the stove and marched with me towards my room. Then I let her take over the broomstick to have sparring with the creature. I tried to stifle my laughter while watching her do what I was doing just moments earlier. She asked whether she could just kill the butterfly because she's also having a hard time leading it out the door or window, but I said no. Else I would have done it myself long ago what. It is a butterfly, not a cockroach.

So anyway, the girl succeeded in leading it out of my room. But the second it flew out, I had to close the door right away to keep my room butterfly-free. Still, I had to open the door again a bit to thank the girl and to get her name. So yep, thanks a million Hong.

After this discovery I thought of changing my template, which is butterfly-themed. But then again, there's still my enginbutterfly blog address, which I'm not so keen on changing. So never mind.


0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home