Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
aLaiSm
bOnaTs
cAsPeR
cHiN
dAvE
eVa
iVy
jAsHep
jEuNesse
KennY
maYbeLine
miSsY
m!ke
PiNkIsTa
StYx
wAyne
WendY
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Saturday, August 19, 2006
Passion

I just want to say hi to who I think is the biggest fan of this blog: my father. Hi!

Anyway, I want to pen down the news I broke to Papa a while ago. I submitted my NUS Overseas Colleges application yesterday.

Yeah I know, I blogged about deciding not to apply just a few days ago. But that was just me trying to pacify myself because I had been afraid of the obstacles that popped up along the way. For a while I almost gave up, and while I was trying to merrily go by my alternative route, I found out that this burning passion inside of me to apply for NOC can't be extinguished by whatever boulder that would block my path. See, I still don't have clear solutions to the problems that happily presented themselves, but my gut tells me that this programme is really worth pursuing.

And the best part is, I can handle rejection by the NOC staff better than regretting forever that I didn't even try to apply in the first place. This is how the phrase 'going after your passion against all odds' became a reality to me. In fact, I would be happy feel alright even if NOC rejects me, because then I would be at peace with myself and can soundly carry on with my life, knowing that I took the first step and tried. Of course, if I get accepted, I would be catapulted to the pinnacle of euphoria, and as sure as the sun rises in the east, I shall do my very best over there and make everyone who knows me very proud. And as for the issues that almost hindered my application, I shall cross the bridge when I get there.

Currently, I am waiting to be interviewed. I know I want this, and I'm doing my best preparations for the interview. But I leave it all to God. Ultimately I surrender to His will and not mine.


0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home