Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
aLaiSm
bOnaTs
cAsPeR
cHiN
dAvE
eVa
iVy
jAsHep
jEuNesse
KennY
maYbeLine
miSsY
m!ke
PiNkIsTa
StYx
wAyne
WendY
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Tuesday, September 27, 2005
Analyze That

No, not the movie. *shakes head*.

It just occurred to me that this coming Thursday would be my busiest day yet for this sem, as I will have 'compulsary' things on from 9am to 9pm with only an hour official break in between.

0900-1100: Hydraulics lecture
1100-1300: Infrastructure and the Environment lecture
1300-1400: LUNCH BREAK
1400-1500: Engineering and Uncertainty Analysis lecture
1500-1600: Computer Aided Engineering tutorial (okies, optional!)
1600-1800: sell yellow ribbons for NUS SANA CCA
1815-2100: NUSSU Annual General Meeting (yipee now I'm officially in NUSSU Welfare)
2100 onwards: drop dead on the pavement. joke. or catch up on lessons. MUG is the word.

A while ago during Structural Analysis lecture, my mind was wandering about, and I couldn't really concentrate on what the prof was saying. I was asking God questions such as: the moment after I received Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, why didn't He allow me to be trampled upon by elephants, so that I could already go straight to Heaven and not experience any more pain and hardships on earth? What provoked me in asking such questions was that I was feeling very sucky that morning because my boyfriend didn't smile at me during the whole of lecture. Haha, okay I am not that shallow. Okay, maybe I am.

Anyway, back to my question. Actually, I got the idea from Kuya Pheng when he was teaching us in our SFS lessons in church. He told us that for God, the destination (Heaven) is not as important as the journey itself (how we live our life on earth). Otherwise, when Pastor Butch would make the altar call for new believers, he'd have a shotgun in hand so that when people accept Christ as their Lord and Savior, they'd be able to talk to Him straight away without any celestial divide.

So basically I already had the answer before I asked the question, but I still went on and asked anyway.

Now I'm going to write about my Structural Analysis lab this afternoon. We were tasked to design an aluminum beam weeks before, and this afternoon we literally got our hands dirty in fabricating the beam. We had our lab in this warehouse-like building beside Engin canteen. The first time I went there (for consultation regarding the beam design), I got lost inside because I was quite hesitant to actually explore the place to look for this specific room to meet the lab assistant. Imagine dull colors, big chains, metals, metals, and more metals, drilling devices, welding devices, and other civil engineering whatnots. The whole place screams traditional civil engineering working environment.

But this afternoon turned out to be quite fun, because the lab session reinforced this yoohoo-I'm-going-to-be-an-engineer feeling. My group measured the aluminum strips according to specifications, whacked some parts off, filed the edges to smoothen them out, drilled holes so that the aluminum strips could be welded with rivets, and basically built the I-beam according to our design. Since the guys in our group are more adept at the actual beam fabrication, Dewi and I were more keen on solving the predicted failure load of our beam. But as I said, we (and that includes me) all got our hands dirty, and thank God no one in our group had been just a free rider. There'd be another session for this lab whereby we'd explain to class how we designed our beam, and for the actual failure load testing.

Lately I've been feeling very tired. I currently have lots of things on, and I didn't even manage to see Sundeep for the whole weekend. Then yesterday and today we also didn't see each other anymore after lectures, because we had our own stuff to do.

P.S.

I'm broke, and getting more broke everyday.

But thank you God for everything, and I know that you will provide.

Cyril: di pa ko nakareply sa email mo, sorry po..and thanks very much for tagging=)

bloggie, see you whenever.


0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home