Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
aLaiSm
bOnaTs
cAsPeR
cHiN
dAvE
eVa
iVy
jAsHep
jEuNesse
KennY
maYbeLine
miSsY
m!ke
PiNkIsTa
StYx
wAyne
WendY
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Tuesday, May 02, 2006
Guess who's back?!

So...what shall I do with my newfound FREEDOM???

Whoopee! I just had my last paper for this semester, and at this very second I couldn't care less about how it would turn out, because seriously, I am fed up of studying. Last night, while Sundeep and I were studying together, I was haplessly rummaging through the piles of lecture notes and tutorials to look for a certain solved problem I could refer to in doing another tutorial problem, and I couldn't find it! I wanted to trash all my notes and shred them all to itty bitty pieces and set them all on fire until they're reduced to ashes, which afterwards I could sprinkle upon the heads of those who blast their speakers like nobody's business during the reading week and exam period. Anyway, I couldn't do that, coz I needed my notes. Needed. Get that? Past tense! Whoopee!

Before I go about doing amazing acrobatic stunts to officially start off my summer hoildays, I want to give a shout out to my great, amazing God who saw me through all those difficult days of this recently concluded semester. For all those times when I wanted to burst in exasperation for the colossal pressure I was being subjected to (see above paragraph), You reminded me that I could place all my burdens in Your hands and that I could find rest in You. For the hope, for the comfort, and for your wonderful presence especially during my Water Science and Technology exam where I almost blanked out...THANK YOU PAPA GOD!!!

Right now I couldn't really dissect what I'm actually feeling. Finishing my last paper was supposed to catapult me to the pinnacle of euphoria, but I feel rather lethargic right now. So my exams and all academic woes are over and done with at least for now, but I'm a bit sad too because I won't be seeing my family right away. Staying here for a good part of my school holidays is my choice, but you know, sometimes you couldn't help glancing back at the opportunity cost of your actions (paging EC1301 Principles of Economics, yoohoo?!).

I've been corresponding with my parents about my lofty immediate goals for the future, and I'm not really sure if they have absorbed everything because I email them like a bubbly little child saying "Mama, Papa, I'm going to do this, I'm going to do that, these are my wonderful dreams woohoo!", and I guess I subjected them to an information overload. I'm really grateful though, especially to my father, because he never fails to acknowledge my emails and always replies with encouraging words that make me feel I have their full support in everything that I do.

So why am I staying back for summer? Because something compels me to. Lately I've been having these thoughts about what I really want to do with my life, looking at the seemingly infinite possibilities laid out before me. I am already twenty, and I want to, you know, take charge of my life and explore what I think is the real world.

It is no secret that I desire to get a place in the NOC program, where I could hopefully intern for start-up company in Stockholm (or Silicon Valley or Bio Valley or Shanghai, but I choose Stockholm firstly because it is in Europe!) and attend their top university at the same time. But then, due to its relentless advertising and some articles in the Straits Times of its alumni commanding high starting salary or forming their own start-up companies, it has already created a buzz in the NUS community that makes the program more competitive. It is such an attractive program that I'm getting to know more and more people who are interested in getting their hands on it too. And what's more, I checked out the NOC website and looked through the profiles of those who already applied, and man...do they have such illustrious backgrounds.

Like, I am nothing compared to them.

Which is why, from now on, I shall stop comparing myself to anybody (so help me God). I will just look at myself and challenge myself, and set the bar for myself to the highest realistic level. No, I shall set the bar higher, beyond my grasp, so that in the event that I reach it, I will know that it is not through my own strength but God's.

So back to the NOC thingy, this summer I am going to prepare for that. Hopefully by the end of this summer vacation, I would have the right 'experience' at hand that I could also add on to my resume to make it decent enough to be worth considering. I feel that opportunities for my personal advancement abound here in Singapore, so I am going to grab some first before going back home to be with my beloved family that I very dearly miss.

Yeah yeah I talk a lot about reaching my dreams and conquering the world and such, but one thing I'm afraid of is being lonely during the good part of this summer. Away from family, away from Sundeep. Yep he's going back home to Ile de France (or Ile Maurice or just plain old Mauritius if you want, but for me it's the Land of My Beloved Roundie). He'll be doing his internship there, and we won't be seeing each other for three long months. Doink. I do not mean to load this post with saccahrine assertions, but anyway...

I love you so very much baby.

He's still not done with his papers yet...one more to go. And until then we can't go out of course. But by the time he's done with his exams, I'll start working already (yep this Thursday), and though I'm grateful for that, I'm just bummed I won't be able to send him off the airport when he leaves.

I hope we enjoy our few days left, and for starters, we're hitting the beach this weekend! Woohoo!


0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home