Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
aLaiSm
bOnaTs
cAsPeR
cHiN
dAvE
eVa
iVy
jAsHep
jEuNesse
KennY
maYbeLine
miSsY
m!ke
PiNkIsTa
StYx
wAyne
WendY
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Saturday, June 10, 2006
FIFA!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHAIDER!

So today we had our youth meeting/dance practice/Shaider's bday bash at this posh condo behind Wisma Atria at Orchard Road. When I entered the gates, I was like "Wowness". Then the following: dance practice, 'surprise' for Shaider, PINOY FOOD, monkey-monkey, and other fun stuff in between. Then when we were just about to leave, a World Cup match between England and Paraguay was just starting. Grr. I was tempted to stay for a little longer (Rovin did), but yeah never mind because I have this little fever brewing as I just had three jabs yesterday and the nurse warned me about having a fever or a headache as my body's anti-bodies wage a war with the weak viruses she just injected inside my body.

Then when we were nearing the Orchard MRT station which is only less than five minutes from the condo, Rovin called Missy's phone and told us that England just scored a goal courtesy of my future husband, David Beckham. I SHOULD HAVE STAYED FOR A WHILE LONGER. I missed the action! Armph!

Ok, let me just make it clear, I am not really a fan of soccer, or all this World Cup hullabaloo. I don't even have the slightest inkling of what World Cup is all about before I came here, because back home basketball is the THE SPORT and not soccer. I've only been aware of the magnitude of the World Cup just recently, because their ubiquitous ad tugs at the heartstrings (even of people who are not huge fans of soccer). This is where legends are born...*then tears start to form at Korinna's eyes*.

So when I got back to my room, I opened my laptop pronto and searched the net for any way I could watch the live game for free. FAT CHANCE. To console myself, I just logged on to youtube.com and watched some amazing videos of Beckham. Then I also found myself wandering to the one and only site in the whole world wide web that Sundeep knows of - soccernet.com. (Yes he is such a huge fan and I think at this very moment he is jumping in pure jubilation since the World Cup started.)

Here is my photo of the day:



And let's not forget about my current wallpaper:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


So why the sudden interest in the World Cup? Two reasons:

1.) Sundeep likes soccer. A lot.
2.) Beckham is in it.

The reasons are in no particular order.=p


0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home