Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
aLaiSm
bOnaTs
cAsPeR
cHiN
dAvE
eVa
iVy
jAsHep
jEuNesse
KennY
maYbeLine
miSsY
m!ke
PiNkIsTa
StYx
wAyne
WendY
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Friday, April 13, 2007
This is it!

I just had my last lecture for this semester. It was memorable, thanks to Prof Savage, who really lives up to his name. Even if I felt humiliated twice this morning, I know I deserved it, and I would have a nice anecdote to tell my future kids. Anyway, I know I will just be laughing it off again like what I did just now.

So, exams are just around the corner and I could almost smell the tension. Or not! Haha I don't know why, but right now I am not really making a big fuss out of my looming examinations. I will just do my best and get it over and done with. I think I've gone through this vicious cycle so many times that I'm not so scared anymore. I am not saying that I will take things lightly though, because I have learned from my past mistakes already. I will offer everything that is humanly possible for my exam preparations, but I will not go over the edge and be a madwoman for a 2.5-hour piece of paper.

And of course, I acknowledge that I cannot do it by myself. So, I'm saying a little prayer too:


Exam Prayer

by Anonymous

Now I sit me down to study
I pray the Lord I won't go nutty
If I should fail to learn this junk,
I pray the Lord I will not flunk.
But if I do, don't pity me at all,
Just sit my butt down in study hall.
Tell my parents I did my best,
Then pile my books upon my chest.
Now I lay me down to rest,
And pray I'll pass tomorrow's test.
If I should die before I wake,
That's one less test I'll have to take!


Hee obviously this prayer has some humor injected to it. But on a more serious note, I found this Serenity Prayer that I'd like to make as my own:


God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time,
enjoying one moment at a time,
accepting hardship as the pathway to peace;
taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is,
not as I would have it;
trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His will;
that I may be reasonably happy in this life,
and supremely happy with Him forever
in the next.

Amen


Lord I surrender my studies to you. Please take care of me, my classmates, my schoolmates, and everyone who needs you in these stressful days. Thanks for everything, ya!=)


1 Comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey kOr!nNa, Your already nutty, as your name spelling atest, but I love you. Plesae keep the weather in mind when you pack for good old USA.

Post a Comment

<< Home