Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
aLaiSm
bOnaTs
cAsPeR
cHiN
dAvE
eVa
iVy
jAsHep
jEuNesse
KennY
maYbeLine
miSsY
m!ke
PiNkIsTa
StYx
wAyne
WendY
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Wednesday, August 08, 2007
FYP again

WELL.

I got some depressing news today. My FYP supervisor told me I can kiss my December holidays goodbye now. At first I was like, you're kidding right? But then it dawned on me that what she's saying makes sense. She explained that the nature of my project needs me to be present all the time once it starts. It would run for a whole year, two semesters, and I can ignore the school break in between already. She said the I need to ensure that the system is running smoothly all the time or else the bacteria will die and I would have inaccurate results. To illustrate, she said something like if I leave, the bacteria will experience something like me being deprived of air.

And some more, she said December is supposedly the most productive month for final year students because there are no classes, which is also the month before our interim presentation for the project.

Wow. I think I myself will die if I don't get to spend Christmas with my family. I've never been away from my family during Christmas. NEVER. When the clock strikes 12, we would always be in our living room, in a circle and holding each other's hands, singing "I love my manita, yes I do!", pray, then exchange gifts afterwards. Please don't tell me I am going to miss that.

No, I am not going to miss that. I don't care if all hell breaks loose or the freaking bacteria would starve to death, but I am spending Christmas with my family.
Even if I'd be there for only three days, which is a far cry from one month I usually spend back home during December.

I don't know if this means I'm also saying goodbye to our church's Global Gathering on the 27th-30th Dec. HAIZ.

Anyway. I am going out with Joseph and others for Mambo Night. I think I should go out and be merry while I still can.


1 Comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That in a nut shell is the lesson. Enjoy the good times when they come and work when the situation calls for it. Yes Christmas may be short but dont miss being with family. A weekend away wont hurt. Try to guage just how long the project can afford to have you absent and work out the schedule that way. P.S. Let me know what I can do to help.

Post a Comment

<< Home