Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
aLaiSm
bOnaTs
cAsPeR
cHiN
dAvE
eVa
iVy
jAsHep
jEuNesse
KennY
maYbeLine
miSsY
m!ke
PiNkIsTa
StYx
wAyne
WendY
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Tuesday, May 17, 2005
material girl

i don't like it when i'm being materialistic.


last night, i knew that if i sat in front of our ailing computer a second longer, all hell would break loose. in addition to wayne, the pc at home is another one of the instruments God uses to teach me about patience. i was supposed to use the computer to do stuff related to the new business my father is putting up when my patience was again tested by our pc. i was already in the brink of failing when i decided that instead of using my strength to overturn the monitor and hurl the cpu out of the front door, i just used every ounce of my strength to stand up, control my anger, and head straight to my parents' room to lie down and wait until i cool down again.


i was even more miffed because i only caught the last 10 minutes of CSI Miami. but i only got to watch it for a minute because mama switched to another channel. i'm not mad at her for doing that because the last 10 minutes of it will not do any good to satiate my csi craving anyway. actually i was so devastated i missed the show that i felt like crying. but a tiny voice told me to hold back my tears and grow up.


last night i was worrying about a lot of material things. i so wanted to have cash so that i could buy a new computer for my family's use. actually that pc is only two years old but i don't know why suddenly it possessed a processing speed similar to that of a slug on barbiturates. i was also wasting my time thinking about the one thing i left in singapore: CONVENIENCE. now don't get me started on how much more comfortable living in singapore is compared to here, because that would be the longest post in blogging history. ok i'm exaggerating, so what?


anyway, after much reflection, i realized that things aren't so bad after all. i am not about to spoil my whole summer vacation because of a stupid computer. my problems were reduced to quarks when i remembered that one of my friends is in a truly grim situation right now. there are a lot more things to be grateful for than otherwise.


0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home