Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
aLaiSm
bOnaTs
cAsPeR
cHiN
dAvE
eVa
iVy
jAsHep
jEuNesse
KennY
maYbeLine
miSsY
m!ke
PiNkIsTa
StYx
wAyne
WendY
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Friday, September 09, 2005
biased.

i ogle sundeep's nose too. and adding on to what michael said, people of indian ethnicity have the longest and most flirtatious eye lashes. hehe.=)

since right now i'm slacking like i can afford it, i shall have one more post for tonight. you can't blame me, i just had a quiz this morning, which means i've been stressed to madness prior to that. anyway, this is related to the race of love michael was talking about.

there was this instance during the early part of my summer holiday when mama, dimple, and i were in the car and dimple was telling me about the movie 'house of wax', starred by the infamous paris hilton, among others. dimple was raving about the movie, but she told me a part of it which she didn't like. she said paris' character's boyfriend was black (african-american most probably, sorry haven't watched the movie myself), and she was disgusted during their kissing scenes. i reckon that the idea of interracial relationships doesn't quite suit her. maybe i haven't yet made it clear to her that my boyfriend and i are well, something like that? (okay, i am not exactly white nor my boyfriend exactly black. i am more like yellow-brown, and he is like deep dark brown). i just kept quiet and let her carry on with the story. good thing my mother was with us, and maybe she noticed my silence and stoicism, so she came straight away to my rescue. she said something like "so what if her (paris' character's) boyfriend is black?". this is one of the reasons why i love my mother so much. she is very supportive of all my endeavours. hehe.

then there's also this family gathering and my aunt asked me whether i have a boyfriend in singapore. i said yes, and he is a mauritian. then she said "oh that's great. you can have foreign boyfriends so long as he is not indian."

slap me hard on the face, better. haha but actually, i didn't know what to tell her afterwards. he is a mauritian, it's his nationality yes- but he is of indian ethnicity. i don't think i reiterated that after hearing her line.

i was once like them - uncomfortable, or even grossed out, of the thought of having intimate relationships with people unlike me. it's good to experience being immersed in a multi-cultural, multi-racial, multi-religious, and multi-lingual society like singapore, and you get to expand your mindset on things. you get to understand and be more tolerant of people whose ways are totally different from yours, and at the end of the day, you get to understand that even though their outer appearance is totally different from yours, they too are human beings. and this thought will hit you hard on the face: we all bleed red anyway.


0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home