Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
aLaiSm
bOnaTs
cAsPeR
cHiN
dAvE
eVa
iVy
jAsHep
jEuNesse
KennY
maYbeLine
miSsY
m!ke
PiNkIsTa
StYx
wAyne
WendY
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Thursday, December 22, 2005
Grades

I almost had a heart attack at SM Davao yesterday. I thought the examination results had already come out. I rushed to Netopia, where my brother was playing LAN games, and asked him if I could use the computer for a while so I could check my grades. He graciously obliged. Oops, false alarm.

Today's the scheduled release of my exam results. I was reading Deception Point by Dan Brown when I remembered. Time check: already past 3pm! The results are out! My pulse quickened and I felt my insides do a somersault. I couldn't breathe!

So anyway, I fell short of my target. BUT...my results are still better than if I didn't dream of rising from that crap hole of indecent grades I got from the previous semesters.

I know I worked hard this semester, and I thank God for helping me. I still have grades in the range of C: C+ for both Computer-Aided Engineering and Structural Analysis I. I cannot deny my disappointment regarding this. I actually enjoyed CAE. No, let me take that back. I only enjoyed the first part of CAE, which was AutoCAD, taught by Dr. Chew. The second part was GIS, taught by the professor who should be thrown out of NUS, according to one of my classmates. As for Structural...hahaha. Very Funny. Structural Analysis is like one of the pillars of Civil Engineering, and it's one of my worst subjects.

Another disappointment is my grade for Infrastructure and the Environment. I got full marks - perfect - for both my midterms (Hallelujah!!!), so it kind of gave me high hopes for this module. But still I got a measly B, without the plus sign. I think my group did well for the project, and Siaw Ling even claimed it as our 'masterpiece'. I guess the final exam had caught me off guard. The exam hall had been more like a gigantic fridge, but beads of cold sweat still trickled down my spine because I hadn't adequately prepared for my last exam. I studied only the night before the final exam, which, as all uni students should know, won't ever work if you're aiming to get an A or better.

The rest are pleasant surprises. I got B- for the subject I thought would be my worst - Hydraulics. It's one of the most challenging subjects I've ever had. I couldn't comprehend how the founders of the study of Hydraulics came up with their theories. I can't imagine how their brains are wired. I only got 40/100 in our midterms, so I thought I'm screwed. (But then again, 40/100 is a far cry from 13/100 I got in one of my previous modules hahaha. See, when you've reached rock bottom, there's no other way to go but up.)

The most unexpected grade I got is A- for Engineering and Uncertainty Analysis. Remember the Level 2000 maths I was nervous about at the start of the sem? At first I was really, really lost because the numbers and new techniques intimidated me big time. I thought Oh no, it's happening all over again. My previous maths grades haunted me. But later I decided that I've had enough of getting scared, so I asked assistance from God to attack this module head on. So there, yahoo!

For this coming semester, I'm again taking my studies to the next level. I may not have reached my target grades, but it's okay. At least I tried. At least I got up from previous mistakes and continued to charge forward. Even if what I got in return wasn't exactly what I dreamed of, I gave my best and that's what really matters.


0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home