Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
aLaiSm
bOnaTs
cAsPeR
cHiN
dAvE
eVa
iVy
jAsHep
jEuNesse
KennY
maYbeLine
miSsY
m!ke
PiNkIsTa
StYx
wAyne
WendY
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Thursday, December 15, 2005
isyu

Tonight I asked myself a question I surprisingly couldn't answer.

Why would I want to get rich?

To help the poor? Classic beauty queen answer in resonance with their 'world peace' riposte to almost every question...but no. I have nothing against it, and I even laud philanthropists, but that will not the be my primary reason if ever I will strive to get rich. At this moment, I could not honestly say that I would work my ass off to get rich just so I could help the poor.

To have everything I want? But material 'wants' are insatiable. That's human nature. Just take cellular phones, for example. I clearly remember telling myself that if I could just have a Nokia 3310 (back when I still had a Nokia 5110), I'd already be happy and contented for the rest of my life. Eventually I had - and still have- something even better than N3310, but still it couldn't take photos without an external camera attachment, it doesn't have a built-in radio, it doesn't have this and it doesn't have that. Accumulation of money -or toys- is positively correlated to the desire to have even more.

Actually, what prompted this soul-searching is this guy's financial blog. It really inspired me and made me want to be graced with even just an ounce of his entrepreneurial intellect and aggressiveness. After devouring his blog in one sitting, I took out our copy of Rich Dad, Poor Dad and re-read the chapters I deem most important. It motivated me even more to learn from these virtuosos so I can rake in the green stuff ASAP.

But then again, I need to have a valid reason to fall back on before I make that first step, so that if I fail on the first and any other consecutive attempts, it won't be so hard to pick myself up from where I've left off.

This post has not adequately expressed the misgivings of the deepest recesses of my being right now, because there is just so much my brain can translate. This is my way of admitting that I am not a great writer. I'm no good, but so what? Tomorrow I'm going to wear a mini skirt at my mother's office's Christmas Party, and I will look hot.

Connection, please?

Upon reviewing this post, I realized I sounded like a bimbotic airhead. But I'm not going to take this post down because I want to humor myself say, 10-20 years down the road...if this blog won't cease to exist, that is.


0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home