Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
aLaiSm
bOnaTs
cAsPeR
cHiN
dAvE
eVa
iVy
jAsHep
jEuNesse
KennY
maYbeLine
miSsY
m!ke
PiNkIsTa
StYx
wAyne
WendY
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Monday, January 16, 2006
MACromedia!!!

I am so happy! Even my inconsiderate blockmate who's currently blaring loud Indian music that could indeed reach India cannot spoil my mood! Why? Because one of the things in my non-existent wishlist has come true! And that is to have Macromedia Studio MX installed in my iBook! I've always been frustrated with my iBook because I've always presumed that in order to have copies of the fantastic but expensive softwares introduced to me just this school year, I'd just have to settle for pirated ones - and finding pirated MAC versions is like craving for strawberry-flavored fruit juice made from real oranges. Poor metaphor but you get the idea. Or not, hehe!

I've been working on our project using the computers at the engin computer cluster and VI Studio. But it's a bit far from PGP, and when I work I have to take into account my bus ride home. That means I cannot work til too late that I'd miss the last bus home. PC cluster is also NOT open 24/7, which means I can only work during a limited time. Though VI studio is always open for CVE students, it's a bit scary to work alone at night, because it's at farthest end of the corridor on the eighth floor of E1.

Actually Sundeep has Macromedia on his laptop, and that's where I finished the headers I made just now. I still had something to work on, but it was nearing 11pm already and I cannot miss the last bus back to PGP. So, out of frustration, I asked him to show me his Macromedia installation CD just in case a miracle would happen that would allow me to have the coveted programs installed in my own laptop. A 'miracle' because I've always presumed that his CD is exclusively for windows.

Then I heard him speak such wonderful words that it still brings tears to my eyes.

"Hey it's also for Mac!"

The world stopped for a while. I rushed at his side, and then I saw what would be the cause of pure glee and much rejoicing. Gleaming across the shiny disk were the words WIN/MAC.

So that's it. Now I'm so happy!!! Yayness!

About the headers* I made. They may look simple for seasoned web designers, but I'm still actually surprised that I was able to do them. Our class only had one 2-hour crash course for each of the programs we're supposed to use, and we have to learn the rest on our own. Our project is essentially about developing a virtual island, and from our course we are taught only about the technical aspects and not really about designing a webpage. During vacation I wasn't able to practice because I didn't have the programs at home, but I was determined to give myself several other crash courses before our presentation just so I could add more decent material to our previous website design. I was wrong to underestimate the power of my God who's ever-present in times of need.

* Tomorrow** I'm going to post them.

** Or the day after that.

Night world!!!

PS. (edited 17 Jan)

I have yet to learn how to upload the headers I made. I tried to use photobucket but it compromised the quality. I cannot directly upload through Blogger. I take pride in my first 'professional' flash work pa naman. Hehe!

Our presentation was moved to Friday next week! One good thing is that we could have more time to improve our work (which we need badly), but I thought I'd have more than one reason to celebrate on Sunday with our presentation being done and all. Never mind, I'm grateful for the upside of things.

One more thing, I was only hoping to get hold of a pirated copy of the CD right...I forgot to mention that the CD I got was original! Freebie from IBM! Kudos, Kudos! That's why Sundeep is always gloating about how great IBM is compared to Apple. But then of course, love your own. I have Mac and I love it despite of its apparent shortcomings.


0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home