Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
aLaiSm
bOnaTs
cAsPeR
cHiN
dAvE
eVa
iVy
jAsHep
jEuNesse
KennY
maYbeLine
miSsY
m!ke
PiNkIsTa
StYx
wAyne
WendY
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Monday, August 28, 2006
kNOCk, kNOCk!

I just came from dinner at science by my lonesome, and when I checked my mail I got this:

Dear Espinosa Korinna Gacal

Interview for NOC Program Jan 07 Intake

We are pleased to inform you that you have been short listed for the second round of interviews for the NOC Programme. The schedule for your interview is given below. Please come prepared with 2 hardcopies of your curriculum vitae (resume). There is no fixed format, but please include the below details; the cover page should include all personal details while the rest of the information (personal statement, etc) are to be on subsequent pages.

- Personal details (Cover Page)

+ Photograph

+ Full Name

+ Matriculation number

+ Date of Birth

+ Nationality

+ No. of years in S'pore (for foreigner)

+ Faculty

+ Course and year of study

+ Major / Area of Focus

+ SEP/ Special Program

+ Cumulative Average Point

+ Total MCs obtained to date

+ Expected AY/Sem of graduation

+ Number of Semester(s) extended



- Personal statement

- Education details

- Work experience

- Scholastic Achievements

- Extra/Co-curricular activities

- References, if any (can be same as original application)

- Language proficiency

- IT proficiency

- Other skills and interests, if any

Date: Friday, 1 September 2006
Time: 2.00 pm
Venue: NUS Overseas Colleges, E3A, 7 Engineering Drive 1, Level 6. (Old University Hall, opposite UCC)

Notes:

We will not be able to change the interview slot allocated to you and no questions on the resume will be entertained
Please take a seat at the reception lobby when you arrive for the interview and wait for NOC staff to attend to you.
Please confirm your attendance for interview by Wednesday, 30 Sep, 5pm.

Regards
Angel
NUS Overseas Colleges


Whoa. Okay, apparently my first interview went well. =) I didn't blog about that because I wasn't able to 'read' the interviewers. I mean, I talked a lot during the first interview, but I wasn't able to gauge based on their facial expressions whether they thought I was knowledgeable and knew what I was getting myself into, or they were silently screaming for me to shut up. Actually there were a lot more things I wanted to say but they remained inside my head (as a precautionary measure to prevent my interviewers from dozing off). So it really pays to do your 'homework' before coming to the interview, huh? But for the next round I'll practice being more concise.

Digression: Now I'm really, really grateful to Mr Paul Koh, the one who interviewed me for the Singapore Scholarship (the reason why I'm here right now in Singapore). That interview was by far the worst intreview ever. If there is anything worse than worst, it's exemplified by that interview. But it was my fault also, because I came unprepared. When I asked around before the interview, people told me it would just be a casual conversation for them scholarship sponsors to get to know me better, so okay...sounds simple enough. But oh my goodness, the diplomat roasted me during my hot seat with him. He called me lazy and that my test results sucked (and when you tell that to the consistent honor student that I was, it's just heartbreaking), and a lot more other things no one has ever told me before. By Divine Intervention (really, it was beyond my own power), I was able to put up a straight face throughout the interview...but the second I came out of the room and walked towards my mother, I started crying which lasted for more than two hours. At that time no one could talk to me because my heart and my ego were both shattered to a million pieces, which for some reason impaired my speech. I'm really grateful my mother was there with me physically, because that moment after the interview was one of those times that I felt I was being sucked in a blackhole to rot there forever.

But that interview had been a blessing in disguise after all, to help me prepare for all the subsequent interviews I'll be having for the rest of my life. Some lessons in life are best learned the hard way, and I'm grateful that I learned one at an earlier phase of my life, so for the rest of my years on earth, I know better.


Okay. The second round of interview for the NOC program. It's going to happen. To me. So it is part of God's masterplan for my life, for either of these reasons:

1.) because it is a pre-requisite to get into the program, and it is in His will that I get into the program; or

2.) even if I don't get into the program, it is something that I would learn a lot from, and in the future be very grateful for having experienced it, just like my interview with Mr Paul Koh; or

3.) it is for some other reason that I haven't thought of yet, or something that my brain can't ever comprehend, but nevertheless something significant because the author of my life had allowed it to happen.

Whatever the reason, I accept it. And of course, on my part I will do my best, I will come prepared, and I offer this experience to my awesome God who would use it for a purpose, who would use it to fulfill His wonderful plans for my life.

All glory and honor and prasies to God alone. =)


0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home