Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
aLaiSm
bOnaTs
cAsPeR
cHiN
dAvE
eVa
iVy
jAsHep
jEuNesse
KennY
maYbeLine
miSsY
m!ke
PiNkIsTa
StYx
wAyne
WendY
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Friday, August 25, 2006
SMU matric fair

I got some awesome freebies today! Inside the goodie bag is a box of Currensia hair color, BeautyLabo Leave-On Treatment Spray that comes in a cute baby pink 220 ml bottle, and a couple of gift vouchers from some nail art store, Essential Brew cafe, etc. I got the goodie bag from Women's Connection booth at SMU (Singapore Management University)'s matric fair.

I tell you, the matric fair at SMU is so happening and the stuff they give away for free are not cheapskate items! I know matric fair goodies are supposedly for SMU freshmen...I look like one anyway haha! I just got one goodie bag (by signing up at the booth) because the contents really are irresistible for me (funny I blogged about my hair last night and today I got these for free!).

Actually, I didn't know about the matric fair. All I thought was we had to distribute some promotional items for AIESEC's orientation camp. I was more than willing to go because I don't have any classes on Fridays, and I'll get to see what it's like inside SMU.

I can say that the crowd in SMU is definitely hipper and trendier than in NUS and NTU. But that's not surprising, because SMU is of course largely a business school, and business students always dress smarter and hipper and more sophisticated than those from other faculties (which is why I looked kind of like a rag doll in the midst of them SMU people, what with my Faculty of Engineering get-up of shirt, jeans, and chucks).

And the matric fair itself, as I've mentioned earlier, is more happening than in NUS. I won't say a lot more happening, because I laud the efforts of NUS matric fair organizers and I did enjoy my own matric fair. It's just that the 'oomph' factor for SMU matric fair is a notch higher.

And there I met (again) the cousin of my (gasp) ex-boyfriend. Yup yup, my past is haunting me again. I wanted to write 'my loser of an ex-boyfriend' but never mind. She's nice actually, and she has nothing to do with what happened to us so I have no ill feelings for her whatsoever. I also met Wathanak, after two years. For those who can remember his significance in my life, haha yup I saw him again.

I left early, and on the way out I was with some freshies who were already done with the fair...and man they looked like they just came from retail therapy. The paper bags and plastic bags and all other whatnots they were carrying, plus their overall attire - it looked like they just went shopping in a downtown mall. In NUS, students who just came from a matric fair look like the part.

So SMU is funkier in terms of building architecture (I think it's because it's situated right smack in the heart of the city) and crowd, but of course I love NUS. No hip school building, no happening matric fair, no anything - nothing - can change that.

It's my school what. =)


1 Comment(s):

Blogger fleeting mist said...

i remember wathanak ^_^

Post a Comment

<< Home