Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
aLaiSm
bOnaTs
cAsPeR
cHiN
dAvE
eVa
iVy
jAsHep
jEuNesse
KennY
maYbeLine
miSsY
m!ke
PiNkIsTa
StYx
wAyne
WendY
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Monday, January 22, 2007
Happy Birthday Korinna

I thought I would start this post with "If I die, would you care?". It hurts when people you care about do not care that you are very much alive and well, especially on a day that is a glaring reminder of that fact. But why should I waste my time moping around for their forgetfulness or apathy, when I have this other bunch of people to appreciate for remembering and making me happy?


The first hour of my 21st year on earth was spent crying. I was sad because I am away from the people whom I would really love to be around to share all my life's milestones with - my family. As such, I didn't really plan for anything today. Initially, I wanted to treat it as just any other day, with no hint of any special element to it at all.

However, I realized that my birthday is important to me. It is important because it is my personal anniversary of life. It is a celebration of God's choice to place me in this world He created not as a tree nor a cockroach, but as a human being created in His own image and likeness. It is a commemoration of the day God allowed me to experience what it is like to live, to love and be loved, and to have my own free will. It is a reminder of God's grace for sustaining me, that despite all life's ups and downs, I am still here with a brand new chapter to continue my life's story.

Because my birthday is important to me, I want to thank the people who remembered it and made it known to me that they did. Thank you for those who sms-ed, emailed, and sent Friendster messages (thank God for technology). I want to thank the people who gave me tangible reminders of this special day - for the chocolates and for the NUS Centennial Roving Exhibition poster with my face on it (my father would proudly display it at home I bet). And thank you even more, for being around today and for taking your time off your busy schedule. Thank you for accompanying me to lunch that I didn't even pay for. Thank you for making this day wonderful enough for me to remove its "worst birthday ever" label. Thank you for making my day. You do not know how much that means to me. You know who you are=).

Babawi ako, promise.


3 Comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried posting at your blog but was unsuccessful, sensya na sa ignoramus mong ama nak hehe..Am glad na mejo sumaya ka na sa later part of the day after your lunch with some friends. Sorry for not greeting you on the first hour of this very important date, me & mama decided to sleep early kasi so I can accompany her to walk very early para maka begin siya exercise after sinamahan ko siya sa hospital last saturday & I felt kelangan talaga niya kahit mag brisk walking man lang. By then, puro na kami nagmamadali para hatid din si YC sa school. We didn't want to call you din naman before lunch para di ka madisturb sa class. Sana malaman mo na you are never alone, for you are always in our hearts & minds..tsaka God is always there to guide & protect you in answer to our constant prayers. Sige nak, you deserve to happy lalo na on this special day, kaya enjoy! We love you very much. Godbless!

Blogger Korinna said...

Sabi ni Joseph mag-comment rin sana siya kaso nagcomment ka raw Pa kaya sacred place na haha! Thank you sa inyo ni mama, kahit akala ko nakalimutan nyo pero onga, impossible naman ata yun. I love you pa=)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed your birthday, sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Korinna, Happy Birthday to you. How was that?

Post a Comment

<< Home