Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
aLaiSm
bOnaTs
cAsPeR
cHiN
dAvE
eVa
iVy
jAsHep
jEuNesse
KennY
maYbeLine
miSsY
m!ke
PiNkIsTa
StYx
wAyne
WendY
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Sunday, January 14, 2007
Of family and bfs

My gosh...I miss my family so much.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The people I love the most in this universe and beyond.


I've been away from my family for most parts of the year since I was 13. I attended highschool in another city, and I was home only during most weekends and school breaks. Then after highschool, there's uni, which is right now. I am approximately 2383.59 km away from home, according to this distance calculator.

I realize that my way of coping up with homesickness had been *drumrolls* having a boyfriend, which I (fortunately or unfortunately) don't have right now. It may sound very cheesy, but it's like you have so much love to give, but since you don't have your family around, you find some other avenues to express it. Like, when I am at home, it is a need that I say "I love you" to at least any one in my family. It is imperative that I give a hug to my siblings, especially to my little sister, every single day that I am with them. It is essential that I give my parents a goodnight kiss before I go to bed, or I won't be able to sleep.

And when I am away, a boyfriend is someone I can turn to and say "Hey bloke, I love you", and the best thing is I can do it everyday. I have friends yes, but I won't be comfortable saying that everyday to someone who is just a friend. Imagine, your buddy-buddy would sms you each day and tell you "I love you friend!!!"...diba it's weird? But then again, maybe it's just me.

Anyway, before anyone thinks this is a shameless self-promotion and a personal ad for a new boyfriend, it is not. In fact, I don't think I would have another one until I finish uni. Because...it is unnatural for me to have a boyfriend who is not my classmate (both my exes were). Because I would need to be with him every single day, which is also why I cannot make a long-distance relationship work (the reason for both break-ups). Somemore, I don't think anyone of my current male classmates are interested. But if they were, all of them cannot make it too.

Of course, what I just described is a superficial requirement. The first and foremost criterion is that he must be a Christian who loves God above everything else. Yeah I know my most recent ex is of a different faith, and I can not, nor will never, say anything against him because I still respect him so much. But then this time, I also need to think of the long-term. The next one for me is the one I'm hoping to spend the rest of my life with, and thus our life-goals should be in sync.

And mine is to serve God, from now until the rest of my life.

Haha, like what Snow White says, "Someday, my prince will come." For now though, I must get used to not having one. I wonder how.


2 Comment(s):

Blogger Joseph said...

this is such a nice and sweet and honest post. this is why people should blog, i feel.:)

funny how we all can still be homesick in singapore when it's been almost 4 years -- uwi pa un every occasion pwede.

hehe anyway kita kits bukas!

Blogger Korinna said...

Hehe...I was thinking twice of publishing this post. Glad someone else appreciates it haha! Thank you.=)

Sorry pala kanina wala akong masagot sa mga tanong mo, hindi ko lng tlga magets yung English ni sir minsan heehee

Post a Comment

<< Home