Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
aLaiSm
bOnaTs
cAsPeR
cHiN
dAvE
eVa
iVy
jAsHep
jEuNesse
KennY
maYbeLine
miSsY
m!ke
PiNkIsTa
StYx
wAyne
WendY
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Monday, May 21, 2007
More Than

...More than my heart's desire
I have fallen to the point of no return
More than my heart could know
More than in love with you...


At first the lyrics seem to have come from a typical BGR (boy-girl relationship) love song, but it's actually from a love song to God by the Christian band, Hillsong.

Right now I'm listening to it.

Sometimes, when I am in the midst of the familiar, I feel safe and invincible...and act as though my actions have no eternal consequences. Sometimes I half-believe that there is a God who could always see even the littlest of my actions.

But when I am alone and away from the usual course of things, it is when I see how fragile and vulnerable I can be on my own, and that I depend solely on God for strength.

Last night was the first time I have been mesmerized by a crescent-shaped moon. It was a perfect silver ornament set across a dark azure backdrop, like those sparkling moon-shaped pendants sold in silver jewelry stores. It was a sight to behold, and I never thought the moon could be as beautiful as that even if it's not a full moon.

I then felt the presence of God, of His majesty. If there are places on this fallen world that can be as splendid as this, how much more abounding in beauty the perfect Heaven can be.

Let me close with a line from a poem way back in elementary school. All things bright and beautiful, the Lord God made them all.


1 Comment(s):

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you post K.

Post a Comment

<< Home