Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
aLaiSm
bOnaTs
cAsPeR
cHiN
dAvE
eVa
iVy
jAsHep
jEuNesse
KennY
maYbeLine
miSsY
m!ke
PiNkIsTa
StYx
wAyne
WendY
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Wednesday, September 20, 2006
NOC: The final chapter

[edited] I just read Michael's blog...and okay, now I know why I didn't get in. It's because of my bloody CAP. Hee nevermind. Almost everyone really can't get past the low-CAP stereotype. But still, I stand by my belief that my CAP doesn't define who I am.


Finally, the NOC result is out. I didn't get in.

Thank you Lord for the opportunity you gave me. It was a good try, and well...I learned new things about myself too. It's just a bit puzzling for me, because my second interview went well actually. I enjoyed it, and it seemed as though the two professors who interviewed me enjoyed it too. Before I left, they even told each other "She's good!", and they were nodding and smiling. So that raised my hopes up a little bit.I guess everyone else 's interview went well too, thus making the competition very tough.

I am not sourgraping or anything, but even if I did get into the program, somehow I already knew that I won't be going anyway. First, there's a slim chance that MFA would really let me go because I would need to extend a semester or more and not be able to graduate on time; and second, no one in my family is actually very happy that I did apply, because we won't be able to afford it.

It's just ironic that after I had the worst interview of my life, I got into the Singapore Scholarship program; and when I had what I though was the best interview of my life (with regards to my confidence level and eloquence), I didn't manage to get in. One day when I see God face to face, I'll ask him about this.

Anyway, God's ways are higher than mine. I do not feel devastated with the outcome, because I already prepared myself for this moment. It was a good experience also, and it was a good try. And who said going for NOC is the only way to achieve my dreams?

So yup, life goes on. Time to implement Plan B...or C...or D...even if it takes Plan Z as well. Thanks for all those who encouraged me and prayed for me. I love you guys.


0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home