Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
aLaiSm
bOnaTs
cAsPeR
cHiN
dAvE
eVa
iVy
jAsHep
jEuNesse
KennY
maYbeLine
miSsY
m!ke
PiNkIsTa
StYx
wAyne
WendY
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Monday, January 22, 2007
PS

At the end of the day, I am happy. =)

It is very comforting to know that I have wonderful friends to fill in the void this day had initially imposed upon me.


I just came from my first shift for my new part-time job, which is to get in touch with NUS alumni, chat with them about their NUS life and present careers, and to seek support in raising money for the student bursaries fund. We had a 2-day intensive training this weekend, and I really enjoyed it. I liked the fact of upgrading my communication skills, especially to total strangers, and engage them in a conversation over the phone. That is sooooo not me a few years ago, especially in highschool when I cannot even make a decent phone call to customer service representatives when I need to check out some stuff. My summer job last year helped me a lot, and I'm very happy to have overcome my fear the first time I picked up the phone to call a prospect.

(Next skill to upgrade is with regards to talking to new people face to face.)

I had long, lovely conversations with the alumni. Even though some of them have already made up their minds not to give to NUS, I didn't want to be pushy about donating and just engaged them in a chat about anything I can think of. One person didn't like to divulge too much details about his job, so I teased him, "Why? You're a terrorist is it?". Another one didn't want to give to NUS because last time during his uni days, he also applied for a bursary but didn't get it, so apparently he has this grudge against his alma mater. However, he told me if I knew of someone deserving from the Philippines (I told him I'm from there), he would gladly sponsor. Haha.

Anyway, so I'm doing this thing Monday-Thursday 6-9 pm for the next three weeks. I also have Tuesday morning or maybe Saturday morning slots, but the schedule for the following weeks has not yet been finalized.


0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home