Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
aLaiSm
bOnaTs
cAsPeR
cHiN
dAvE
eVa
iVy
jAsHep
jEuNesse
KennY
maYbeLine
miSsY
m!ke
PiNkIsTa
StYx
wAyne
WendY
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Friday, May 12, 2006
Vesak

Today's a public holiday here in Singapore, coz it's Vesak. I was totally clueless about Vesak until yesterday, when they announced that we don't have to report to work because of it. It's something related to Buddha, but I'm not too sure whether Vesak is a commemoration of his birthday or something else. Anyway.

This morning, Ivy, Rohit, Harish, and I played badminton here at KE7's multi-purpose hall. It's been ages since I last played, even touch a badminton racket at that. It felt good having what I consider as a total body workout, since I sweated like it's the end of the world. Exag! Thanks guys for inviting me=)

In the afternoon I took Ivy's shift at the Waffle Shop because she wasn't feeling well. Actually I was happy to take it because I need it. I'm not really sure when my salary from my job at Synovate is coming, because right now I seem to be implementing the real-life application of Calculus by taking the limit of x as x approaches zero, where x is a variable that represents the money that I have in my bank account. I'll just have to grin and bear it until payday comes.

During my shift, Sundeep's friends came and they started speaking to me in French. Stupid me forgot how to respond when they asked 'Comment ca va?' Armph! Then they were talking some more and ordered in French again, good thing French terms for chocolate and vanilla are idiot-proof and I was able to give them what they wanted. When they reached their table just in front of the Waffle Shop stall, they started chatting in English because they were with an exchange girl (I think). You goofs.

I am really fond of Sundeep's friends because they are really warm towards me and they make me feel welcome. Once, when Sundeep and I were at the Engin booth where they were recruiting students to join the Mauritian Student Group, one Mauritian guy who reminds me so much of Colin Farrell immediately handed me a sign-up form because I'm already one of them, he said. Whenever I meet them wherever, they'd say hi. And it was really fun racing with them at Pulau Ubin for that Amazing Race thingy they organized.

Haiz. I'm missing Sundeep a lot. Every single day of the semester I was with him, during lectures, tutorials, and even after classes. During the reading week and exam period especially, we studied together like mad. I would go to KR and bring him lunch, we'd watch some DVD of the serial F.R.I.E.N.D.S. while eating (I borrowed the DVDs once and tried watching on my own, but it wasn't as funny with him not around...there is something in his laughter that makes it so contagious), then we'd mug the whole afternoon, then he'd buy me dinner from their dining hall in KR, and even if the food sucks sometimes it's okay, because we'd be watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S. again while eating our dinner, and I'll mug with him again until it's time for me to go back to my own room in PGP. The next day, the whole cycle repeats. That's what we were doing until the last day of our exams.

He helped me a lot in my studies, especially in understanding the concepts. Sometimes after I have grasped the concepts (especially in Soil Mechanics, Structural Design, Construction Proj Management, and Water Science - okay, that's like all our core modules), I'd realize if he hadn't explained those things to me I would never be able to undertsand those things in that certain light on my own. For that I am very grateful to him, for being very patient with me. I know I'm eating his time when he explains stuff to me, but he says it's okay because he's also able to understand better when he 'tutors' me, so he also benefits. Yey.

The latest French phrase I learned from him coz I asked him to translate: 'Fermer ta bouche or else', which is what I'll politely say when anyone says anything against him.


0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home