Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
aLaiSm
bOnaTs
cAsPeR
cHiN
dAvE
eVa
iVy
jAsHep
jEuNesse
KennY
maYbeLine
miSsY
m!ke
PiNkIsTa
StYx
wAyne
WendY
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Happy Thoughts, Happy Thoughts

I am a happy girl these past few days.

I am a happy girl since I turned 21 actually.

Sometimes when you are happy, you are also afraid. Afraid because you know in life there's a cycle. There are times when you are happy, there are times when you are sad, and there are times for other feelings as well. When one feels afraid that the happiness may not last for long, that actually is self-effectuating. On that basis, I wouldn't want to be afraid anymore to make the happiness last longer. But still...

Okay what in the world am I talking about?

I also don't know.

Before I eat my Subway sandwich (the only thing available after I'm done with my part-time job during weekdays), I want to let you all in a little secret. No lah it has nothing to do with my love life, my grades, or what-have-you. It's just that I realized that every after my shift in the Annual Giving campaign, I never go home without securing a pledge from at least one of our prospects. It's just fulfilling you know, that I know for myself the money they pay me is not wasted because I am doing my job pretty well (haha!).

You know why? Before I leave my room to go for our little call center near PGP, I'd always say a little prayer and ask Jesus to be by my side. Then when it's time to call the alumni already, I say these words "Jesus please talk to this person. I cannot do it without you." Then I will tell myself "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength".

Of course I still get rejections and some not-so-nice people on the phone. This is similar to the situation Moses faced when he was trying to convince Pharaoh to let go of the Isrealites and free them from slavery. Remember the plagues in Egypt? But I was always wondering why after every plague for the first nine plagues, God would always harden Pharaoh's heart and not let the Israelites go. I was like "Huh? You assist Moses to convince the Pharaoh to free the Isrealites, but in the end you yourself would harden the Pharaoh's heart?" KAMUSTA NAMAN?! (Wayne-style exclamation)

Then I found the answer in Exodus 11:9, which says "...Pharaoh will refuse to listen to you - so that my wonders may be multiplied in Egypt". Of course we know in the end, after the tenth plague, the Israelites were freed already. So I realized everything that happens (even the not-so-nice ones) is used to show God's glory.

So there. Masaya. God will never waste even a single teardrop. Everything has a purpose. And this is God's promise I hold on to so dearly:

"For we know that all things work together for good to them that love God." --Rom. 8:28


0 Comment(s):

Post a Comment

<< Home